Friday, February 17, 2012

Frugal Friday Feature - Mad Coupons

Do you like this post?


We have a fantastic one this week gang!

I first heard about Sarah Carbary and her site through their Facebook page. She gave me the opportunity to try out their services, and I have to say, I'm very impressed!

First, her website has a plethora of resources to help out any couponer, either novices or EXTREME! In an easy to find format, Mad Coupons lays out a weekly coupon preview, a Couponing 101 and FAQ and coupon database. She also offers couponing classes if you happen to live in Washington state. She also does giveaways and right now you can win a KINDLE FIRE! Be sure to get in on that!

As opposed to some sites that sell individual coupons, Mad Coupons sells the ENTIRE INSERTS from the Sunday paper. Yes, the same thing that you buy at the grocery store - without all that pesky newspaper to recycle! I have to admit, I frequently purchase a Sunday paper, pull out the inserts and stick the whole paper into the recycling bin unread. I typically read my news online, and am in the habit of doing the same for sales flyers, and frankly, the amount of paper I waste doing that is horrendous! That's where Mad Coupons comes in!

For only $20 you can purchase TEN whole inserts from whatever is included in that week's newspaper. Remember a few weeks back when there were four inserts? Yes, you'd get all four TIMES TEN! Yes, FORTY inserts were sent out that week - shipped anywhere in the US - for just the $20. When you factor in that each weeks paper contains between $100-200 in potential savings through coupons, you can see how quickly that would add up!

They even mark coupons down to "clearance" prices a few weeks after the paper has come out. Let's not forget that weeks when there is only due to be one pack of inserts, like this week! :( , you could be SAVING money purchasing the inserts rather than buying multiple papers. My local paper is $1.75 so it would make MUCH more sense for me to just get the inserts!



(Giveaway secret word #2 - colgate)

They also have the option of five packs, which is what I had shipped to me. It came in a nice and sturdy USPS Priority Mail cardboard envelope.




Inside I was pleasantly surprised to see the inserts nicely wrapped in plastic bags. Very important for those of us in New England! You never know when the weather will be bad here, and having the inserts so beautifully wrapped is crucial. As we've talked about on the show, "coupons are currency", and if you wouldn't leave your wallet out in the snow, you don't want your coupons out there either!



Just look at this thick stack of coupons! My five-year-old came along and saw them and said, wide-eyed, "WOW! That's a LOT of coupons!" What can I say? I'm training him well! ;)



Would you look at all these coupons? Jealous? Don't be! YOU CAN WIN A FIVE PACK OF YOUR OWN! Yes, Mad Coupons has graciously offered to sponsor a GIVEAWAY featuring a FIVE PACK of whole inserts for you to try out! Stay tuned to the radio show, blog and facebook page to find out all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment