Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Woolite Rug Stick....SCORE!!

Do you like this post?
So there I was....
That is how most of my OMG stories start and this one is no different. As a couponer you know how hard it is to pay full price for anything, I dislike Hannaford stores purely for that reason and never usually shop there even though there is one just down the street from me. Well, this morning I had to grab some half and half for my coffee (yes even I can sometimes run out of necessities) in my defense I've just moved and haven't been able to do a haul in over a month (so sorry my coupons...it hurts to see you die!). So there I was in the cold aisle grabbing my cream when I saw a discount bin which had a couple of Woolite Rug Sticks. I didn't have coupons for them but they had $3.00 off coupons on the box. I decided I wanted to give the product a try soooo I grabbed one. 
I went to checkout, and they rang up at $3.75 before coupon!!! The coupon being $3.00 off means I only paid $0.75 for the system which is regularly $14.99!!! So being me...I had them put the transaction on hold and ran all the way to the other end of the store and grabbed a second! Be sure to check the bins at Hannaford this week to see if they have the rug stick too!
Soooo here is the math:

Regularly: $14.99
Total Regular Cost: $29.98
Total Sale Cost + Coupons: $1.50
Total Saved: $28.40

Most of you are most likely familiar with the percentage of savings that you hear about on shows like Extreme Couponers. Here is the formula to calculate your percent of savings:

Saved ÷ Value = % Savings

What has been saved is pretty easy to figure out it's what you paid - your total in coupons and store savings. Most stores actually calculate this for you now and it can be found at the bottom of your receipt.

Value is the altogether cost of the items so add your Saved + Paid together. This is the ACTUAL value. 

Then just divide these two numbers to get your percentage.

I will use this formula regarding the Woolite Rug Stick deal to show you what I mean:

28.40 (saved) ÷ 29.98 (saved + paid) = .94% Saved

It's always satisfying and extremely important to see your savings percentage. It helps you to see whether you are succeeding or where you may need to change some things. If you can save even 52% or more your doing a fabulous job!


No comments:

Post a Comment